Standard Design Consultation
Non-proportional sketch, drawn onsite
Duration: 1.5 to 2 hours, $250 (applied to total contract amount)
This option provides the clients with a design and instant quote on the spot. We’ll stay at the site and come up with design through extensive interaction. We’ll create a design with what the clients and our designer summarize by incorporating your requests and our expertise and creativity. Furthermore, we’ll have a proportional pencil drawn graphic of what we discuss on your kitchen table. As long as we know you opt this option, we can make the accommodation for our designer to join you at home and spend the appropriate time to figure out your lifestyle and come up with some very creative thought for your space and your overall objective. This option is great for people who value consultation over schematic design. The end result will be on regular graph paper, labeled and ready to review and submit to HOA. The drawing puts more emphasis on consultation and reviewing your objectives and the core of a design than a beautiful presentation. The end result may look like a rough sketch. However, if a client chooses, we could take this sketch one step further and develop it. It would be drawn to scale and in full color. This will be at our regular hourly rate of $150 and is applied to the total contract amount. (Please refer to the comprehensive masterplan option.) All of our design services start with this exact process of a consultation to get to know you and all other circumstances under which we design.
Within this time we are able to achieve a few important tasks:
- Get to know you in deeper levels and comprehend your likes and dislikes, such as types of plants, color, your desired activities outdoors, and your lifestyle and ability to maintain the landscape.
- Get to know your space that we are designing, and feel the space for inspiration
- Immersing ourselves in the landscape and get inspired
- Find out your priorities in case there is any spatial or monetary limitation. And create a phase approach to larger projects, if requested by clients
- Get to know the ecosystem we are designing within
- Understand the amount of sun we receive for proper plants
- Figure out the neighborhood, neighbors and your HOA requirement
- Understand your 10-year plan with the house and design accordingly
- Look at the photos that you have gathered to capture your theme
- Give you different options of material and their cost to better design within your expectation
- Provide you with tips and trick regarding a better experience with your outdoor space and maintenance.