While autumn and winter in Georgia are not typically harsh, it can still get pretty cold. But just because the nights are cooling off doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy outdoor entertaining! Outdoor fire features, whether it be a fire pit or fireplace, are a great way to enjoy outdoor living spaces all year long! Outdoor fire features offer a different approach to outdoor entertaining. They can complement your porch, patio, or even just your backyard landscape. Even a simple fire pit in the right location of your yard can create the perfect outdoor living space. Everyone loves a good outdoor fire no matter what time of year it is. So, if you are considering adding an outdoor fire feature to your home, here are some of the benefits you will enjoy.
6 Benefits of an Outdoor Fire Feature
- Enjoy Year-Round – Outdoor fires are not only for winter! No matter the season, outdoor fires are a great outdoor activity. In the spring and fall, building an outdoor fire is a great way to enjoy your yard when the nights are just cool enough. Even during warm summer nights, fires are a great way to enjoy the outdoors and can even help keep mosquitoes away!
- Ambiance – Outdoor fire features provide a great ambiance for your yard or outdoor living space. The value of the ambiance they provide is severely underestimated. Sitting outdoors next to the perfect fire can allow you to read, relax, or contemplate life in a relaxed atmosphere. The lighting and sounds produced by a fire can’t be beaten.
- Entertaining – Need the perfect backyard venue for that party you are hosting? Or do you want to host the neighborhood’s best wine tasting? Then a fire feature is the perfect backyard venue. Fire pits and fireplaces can be the focus or center point of your party.
- Property Value – When it comes to increasing the value of your home, having an outdoor living space is one of the best ways to do so. Outdoor fire features can either complement a living space or even be one on its own. Many potential homebuyers are interested in a home with a completed outdoor living space. This can create even more demand for your home or increase the price that it sells for. In fact, many people say that a fire feature is a better investment than a swimming pool if you are looking to sell your home soon.
- Minimal, If Any, Maintenance – Fire features do not require significant maintenance. Usually, there is some seasonal fireplace maintenance, but it is nothing compared to a pool. Fire pits have almost no maintenance costs and are very easy to maintain.
- Versatile – Fire features come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. No matter the size or style, a fire feature is a great way to bring cohesiveness to your landscape. Adding a fire element to your yard can increase how much time you spend enjoying your outdoor living space. They encourage family time and making memories at home.
With even cooler weather just around the corner, now is the perfect time to install a fire feature for your outdoor living space! If you are ready to improve your outdoor living experience, contact Outdoor Makeover & Living Spaces. We are Atlanta’s outdoor living experts and have been installing outdoor fire features since 2001.