7 Benefits of a Patio or Porch for Your Georgia Home
There is just something special about a summer in Georgia. Sure, it’s hot and the humidity can be a challenge, but at the end of the day, most would not trade the Southern Summer for anything. And when holidays such as Memorial Day, July 4th, and others come around, nothing says Georgia fun like having friends and family around to celebrate.
But if your home’s design does not include an outdoor “room” for entertaining or just relaxing, then you might feel limited in in your options. But if you add a patio or deck to your home then you will be amazed at how much easier it is to enjoy the Georgia summer! Here are some other advantages of adding a patio or deck to your home:
· Space – We all know that having more space is a benefit. But once a home is built, adding an extra interior room can be a challenge. However, we can often find space simply by adding a patio or deck -and then the entertainment elements are endless!
· Curb Appeal – Having a dramatic or fully functional patio takes a rather boring home and gives a boost. Our team is especially skilled in crafting a patio that compliments your home’s architectural style as well as your landscape, making the patio a definite boon to the home’s curb appeal.
· Resale Value – A patio or deck is an investment in your home and property. It makes your property more appealing to prospective buyers, so it is often one of the first things a realtor will mention.
· Protection – It might sound odd, but a patio can serve as a bit of a crime preventative as an intruder will not be able to easily sneak up to your home because a patio often leaves them more exposed to your security features.
· Transitional Space – A properly designed patio can serve as the perfect transition when coming inside from the outdoors. Add a roof or pergola to it and you have the ideal place to enjoy the outdoors without being in direct sun.
· Extra Kitchen – Add a grill, a table or two, and some comfy chairs and you have just the place to relax on a quiet evening – no matter what time of year it is!
· Play Space – No matter one’s age, playing outside is fun. A porch is a great place to congregate for games of all types.
Sadly, not every home in Georgia is perfectly designed to host a large group of people! This is when it becomes necessary to get creative with your available outdoor space.
The team here at Outdoor Makeover and Construction is skilled in designing and building a variety of spaces that can be used for any occasion. From patios to pergolas, gazebos to screened in porches, we can craft the space you need. Give us a call today to get started on the perfect outdoor room for your needs.