We’ve been in this industry for many years and have worked with clients who were unhappy with the first, second, or even third company they chose to design and build an outdoor makeover project.
Despite reputation, price, and/or promises, expectations were not met, and sometimes the job was not even completed.
Based on the negative experiences some of our clients had before working with us, we’ve compiled a list of do’s, don’ts, and things to look for when selecting a company for your outdoor makeover:
- Don’t hire a company that is not verified by Angie’s List—we are!
- Don’t hire a company with less than 50 reviews—we have over 1,000 5-star reviews on the web!
- If a company takes more than a day to respond to your inquiry, they will most likely do the same throughout the project—we usually contact you within two hours!
- Do make sure the quote includes design work to ensure your investment will be aesthetically pleasing and flow well with the current elements of your property.
- Do take a look at the company’s insurance, workman’s comp, and warranties, and keep copies for your records.
- Find out who performs project management. If the designer is different from the project manager, there will be miscommunication.
- Ask how long the project will take to complete and compare. It takes us about 1/3 of the time it takes most other companies to complete a job.
- Find out how often you will be walked through the job, and by whom.
- Beware of a company that asks for more than half of the contract cost up front. (We ask for half up front and accept the last payment when you are 100% satisfied.)
- Find out what happens when surprises come up. How does the company handle unexpected costs? We stand by our quotes—for larger, unexpected costs, we ask you to split it with us. For an unexpected cost under $200? We cover it.
- Ask to drop in on a current project. See how employees are handling the job and talk to the client as well. Call us anytime to visit with one of our happy customers!.
- Ask questions and be involved with the project every step of the way!