Outdoor Mosquito Control Stations: Objective
The main objective of MDA’s Mosquito Control Department is to stop the spread of diseases that are spread by mosquitoes to people and domestic animals. When signs of a disease transmitted by mosquitoes are found, steps are taken to cut back on vector mosquito populations as much as is practicable. There are numerous choices available when the surveillance and demographic data have been examined and it has been determined that control activities are necessary.
Mainly, outdoor mosquito control stations range from difficult to easy, cheap to expensive, and short-term to long-term. The solution to choose depends on how bad the mosquito problem is and what resources are available.
What are mosquito control stations?
Insecticide resistance has become a major issue in countries infected by Aedes and Culex mosquitoes. Area-wide insecticide fogging is still being used but is showing limited efficacy and major impacts on non-target organisms. This necessitates a switch to more sustainable, environmentally friendly vector control.
Using refill sachets every 4 weeks, mosquito stations can be maintained outside at the suggested density of 1/400 m2 (10 Stations per acre). The solution is ideal for use in vector control programmes, especially in hotspot locations, and by expert pest management firms for mosquito control services at resorts, lodging facilities, and residential sites.
How does it work?
The sturdy plastic Mosquito Station employs water and an odor lure to draw egg-laying mosquitoes. Mosquito species Culex and Aedes. Once inside, mosquitoes that come in contact with the specially treated gauze near the water’s surface become infected by a fungus and a larvicide. By allowing Aedes and Culex to fly out of the Station while carrying larvicide on their legs, we take advantage of the fact that they like to distribute their eggs among several sites. They spread the larvicide over the Station’s surrounding nesting grounds. We can eliminate larvae from tiny, elusive breeding sources in this way. The mosquito contracts a fungus that only affects insects, which kills her before she can transmit sickness.
Mosquito Control Methods
Let’s have a look at some of the most common mosquito control methods:
BTI is a naturally occurring bacteria that is only poisonous to mosquito and black fly larvae and not to other helpful insects.
It involves spraying insecticides to kill mosquitoes in a certain area. During different stages of their life cycles, mosquitoes can be controlled with pesticides. The most prevalent larvicides are those that are most effective in population control. When annoyance threshold values have been reached or mosquito-borne diseases have been identified, adulticides are only used as a last option.
Cultural / Source Reduction:
It entails actions that keep water from remaining still for more than four days, such as fixing damaged ditches to stop seepage, cleaning vegetation from ditches to encourage quick flow, and enhancing drainage systems in irrigated fields.
Benefits of Installing Mosquito Control Stations
You can enjoy several advantages against mosquitoes with a good mosquito control system installation in your yard. These pest management techniques are intended to fend off and keep mosquitoes from bugging you. Misting devices, mosquito fogging, mosquito traps, and even sprays are examples of many mosquito control methods. The various advantages that mosquito control methods offer are listed below:
- Cost-effective: You can avoid spending money on mosquito-related issues if you have a high-quality mosquito control device, such as a mosquito fogger. It is no longer necessary to seek out and engage expert pest control services to assist you with your mosquito problems if you have a mosquito control system. The cost of hiring professionals might be high, therefore these devices can help you save money.
If you have a good mosquito control system, you may spare yourself the headache of calling pest management every time mosquitoes plague you and your family again.
- Non-Toxic to Insects: Because they are non-toxic to insects like honey bees, mosquito traps, a particular kind of mosquito control equipment, are a wonderful option for preventing mosquitoes. Mosquito traps will solely catch mosquitoes, as opposed to insecticides, which can also harm other insects.
You need bees and other insects to have a lovely garden because they provide benefits like pollination. By using mosquito traps, you may get rid of mosquitoes without harming other beneficial insects in your yard.
- Long-lasting Solution: In contrast to other options like repellants, mosquito control devices provide long-lasting protection from insects. Consistently capturing and killing mosquitoes are control methods like the mosquito trap or misting systems. Repellants, on the other hand, only function briefly and can endure for several hours.
- Mosquito Misting Systems are More Convenient: Using mosquito misting devices can be more practical than periodically hiring a professional to treat your property. Even if specialists have the right tools to deal with mosquitoes, you will still need to ask for their services because this will only be effective for a short period of time.
You won’t need to contact a professional pest control company again if you have an autonomous mosquito misting system. Instead, when there are mosquitoes, the mosquito misting system will reactivate through a remote to spray the desired area once more. For extra convenience, the misting system also has a timer.
- Effects are Quick: Systems for controlling mosquitoes work swiftly, and you can see them in action right away. If you have a mosquito trap, for instance, you may see it at work right away, catching and killing mosquitoes. You will already feel more protected from mosquito bites by placing the mosquito trap in the desired location.
Mosquito traps can disrupt the mosquitoes’ reproductive cycle as early as four weeks after installation, in addition to providing results as soon as the control system is in place.
- Variety of Solutions Available: Many mosquito control methods are available to keep insects away from you whether inside or outside. For instance, there are various options for insect repellents, including gels and spray. There are additional control methods as well, like foggers and mosquito traps, which have a greater and more effective reach.
Mosquito Station includes:
- Durable 5L water reservoir
Lid with click-on mechanism
Floater (to carry the gauze strip)
- Green time indicator cap (servicing reminder)
Optional securing tools
- Refill sachets (gauze, bioactives & attractant tablets) for reactivation every 4 weeks
Professionals can provide you:
- Customized deployment support
- Station servicing and monitoring support tools
- Field trial protocols
- Marketing support tools available
What are Mosquito Misting Systems?
Insecticides are automatically sprayed by misting devices to reduce mosquito populations near homes and other structures. These systems are available for purchase, or homeowners can install their own. A system of nozzles placed along a house’s eaves, on a fence, or all around a landscaped area sprays insecticides at predetermined intervals.
Our mosquito control system installation in Atlanta can automatically spray a very fine mist of botanical insecticide. Our technology practically blends into your landscape after it is deployed. That won’t even be noticeable to you. No matter your needs, our mosquito misting system may be tailored to properly fit your yard.
How does Mosquito Misting Systems work?
The automatic mosquito misting control unit is placed wherever that is handy to a water faucet and electrical outlet. It can be either our cutting-edge tankless mosquito misting model or our conventional drum-based mosquito misting model.
When the mosquito population is at its highest and other helpful insects, such as bees and butterflies, are least active—around dawn and again at dusk—the misting unit’s electronic controller is designed to automatically start a 30- to 60-second mosquito-killing mist.
Any mosquito that comes in contact with the fine mist will die since it settles on the grass and landscaping as it moves around the property. The misting devices from MistAway can also help with unwanted pest management.
Tips for Residents
We want to remind everyone that standing water is where mosquitoes breed. To assist in solving this serious issue, try some of the following suggestions:
- So that mosquitoes cannot enter your home, install or repair window and door screens.
- Maintain a clean and dry environment in your gutters.
- Eliminate old tires and other anything that could gather water.
- Check trash or container locations that can be difficult to notice, like under bushes or under your house.
- Use an EPA-approved insect repellent to your skin and/or clothing that contains DEET, picaridin, oil, lemon eucalyptus, or another active component.
- Steer clear of the outdoors at dawn and dusk. If you are unable to avoid such periods, use an insect repellent as directed on the label.
- Avoid shaded and wooded areas where mosquitoes may be present.
- Cover your skin when outdoors. Wear long-sleeve shirts, long pants, socks, and shoes.
Effective Mosquito and Pest Control Services at Outdoor Makeover
Are you tired of fighting mosquitoes in your backyard? For both residential and commercial clients in Illinois, Outdoor Makeover and Living Spaces is pleased to provide cost-efficient, efficient mosquito control solutions so you can once again enjoy being outside. As a seasoned outdoor pest control company, we provide a range of mosquito control solutions, including a green choice that is ideal for turning your yard into a tranquil retreat for you and your family.Schedule an appointment with us today!
LET'S BE SOCIAL: