Poolside Landscaping: 10 Ways to Showcase Your Pool
If you have a pool in your backyard, then you know all about the many benefits a pool offers to the family. From its entertainment value to the ease of exercise, having a pool in the backyard is great. However, just because one has a pool, does not mean that the landscaping is done. In fact, if your swimming pool was built with little regard for how its installation would affect the landscape, then your yard can look unbalanced or even unwelcoming. If this sounds familiar, then it is time for some poolside landscaping!
Poolside landscaping doesn’t have to be a challenge or takeover an entire backyard. But, there are a number of ways to take a basic backyard swimming pool and turn it into a true oasis. As landscapers who understand how to fully enhance any lawn, the Outdoor Makeover & Construction team has created many poolside landscape designs that turn a status quo pool area into the ideal spot for rest, relaxation and recreation.
Poolside Landscaping Ideas
- Add in a gazebo or pergola and some comfortable seating. Sure, sitting in the sun might be great if you are wanting to tan, but having a shaded space to recline by the pool makes for a great place to just relax and unwind.
- Do you have kids? Then elements such as soft grass, kid-friendly plants and smooth stones, pavers or walkways to the deck will help protect them from hurting their feet.
- Add stone paths to connect other areas of your landscape. Incorporate plants or shrubbery along the paths to give the illusion of meandering paths at a resort.
- Don’t forget the lighting! There’s something special about swimming after the sun goes down. Be sure to show off your poolside landscape with a variety of light features. From spotlights to twinkling white lights, to a fire pit in a poolside patio area, incorporating lighting makes your pool more versatile.
- Extend the concrete around the pool with decorative pavers and a patio. This is especially nice if your pool is close to the backdoor of the home.
- Find out what type of trees will look great around your pool – without leaving behind a leafy mess- and have some planted.
- Instead of pavers or stone, extend a back deck or porch right up to the poolside.
- Add more water features. Consider having a nearby fountain or pondless waterfall near your pool as they add height and depth to your poolside landscape.
- Install some large container gardens to add a splash of color. Go a step further and use colorful containers that work with your landscape or home design.
- Add a river rock garden. Whether it frames the entire pool or just a portion, a river rock garden adds interest. Even better, choose a few plants that require minimal upkeep, and you won’t have to add time in your schedule for gardening chores.
Do you want to take your poolside landscape to the next level? If so, then contact the Outdoor Makeover & Construction team today to get started. We would love to design a poolside landscape that is fun, functional and perhaps even a bit of a fantasy, to make your poolside activities better than ever! Give us a call today.