So, you’ve started thinking that it may be time to update your outdoor landscape and living space. Maybe your pool area needs remodeling, or you aren’t happy with your current backyard design. Once you’ve decided that an outdoor makeover is for you, the next step is finding the right contractors for the job.
With landscape design being such a competitive business, it is easy to feel overwhelmed with the choices available. Before signing an agreement, it is important to have a consultation with a prospective landscape contractor.
Once you have scheduled your landscape design consultation, the next step is figuring out what you want from your ideal team. The best way to figure this out is to make a list of details that fit your budget, time, and vision. Then, create a list of questions to ask to see which landscape design company meets your specific needs.
Here is a list of some basic questions you should ask when trying to find the perfect outdoor landscape contractors.
Questions for Your Outdoor Contractors
1) What installation processes will you use? Every landscape contracting company has a unique process they use. Every process varies depending on the landscape contracting company. Make sure that the business in question explains their installation process fully. You will want to understand their process and be confident in their decisions.
2) Is the landscape company insured? This should be a question asked of anyone who does hard labor around your home. Accidents happen and it is nice to know that everyone will be taken care of in the chance of one.
3) Do you maintain what you install? This is arguably one of the most important questions to ask. Some companies have a division that will help maintain their work after it is installed. The best example is landscaping contractors that help maintain the aesthetic of your lawn or garden area. While this may not be a big deal to some, it is nice to know that your landscaping company cares about the quality of their work after they finish building it.
4) How long have you been in business? Not 100% guaranteed but typically the longer a landscape company has been in business, the better chance that you can trust their quality of work. This also allows you the opportunity to review any past work or read any past customer testimonials.
5) Are you able to give me an accurate estimate of the possible costs? For some, budget is what makes or breaks a landscape contracting deal. You want to make sure that the landscape contracting company can give you what you want while staying within your budget. While some contractors may be uncomfortable discussing money, it is important to make sure that you are getting the best value.
Backyard renovations and outdoor makeovers are large projects that should be done carefully. Having a list of questions for your landscape contractors will allow you to be confident in choosing the company you are working with. Outdoor Makeover & Living Spaces have been Atlanta’s backyard design experts since 2001. Contact us today to schedule your landscape makeover project. Our landscape design experts will answer any and all questions you may have.