How to Maintain a Drainage System
- Allow rain to help settle the loose soil before working the field
- Driving directly on the tiles can crush the pipe and ruin the tile. Straddle the pavers instead for the first year.
- Back-fill the open trenches carefully, so as not to damage the pipe
- Clean up unused pieces of pipe and do not use the open trench for garbage disposal
- Do not work the land if wet or moist with excess water
- Rotate the location of cattle hay feeders
- Clean drainage boxes once a month if present. Drainage boxes trap sediments