Outdoor fire features are one of the trendiest elements in Atlanta’s backyards. Outdoor Makeover & Living Spaces completed over 130 fire pits and fireplaces in 2019 alone. That is a lot of happy families!
Fire features are great for the backyard or can be your patio’s companion. Even the most magnificent patios could seem incomplete without the right fire features.
When it comes to outdoor entertaining, fire features are some of the most popular outdoor living elements. Fire pits and fireplaces provide plenty of outdoor entertainment for your family. They are also an inexpensive way of entertaining guests. Many of our clients who categorize themselves as “outdoorsy people” often find out that keeping a large group of people outside takes more than a book. They need an activity to keep their minds happy and entertained.
Why Are Fire Features So Popular for Landscapes in Atlanta?
Residents of Atlanta enjoy a balanced four seasons of weather. In spring, fall, and some winter nights, the weather can be cool and relaxing. We don’t have to travel far in a campground to gather with family members. No more packing, scheduling, and headaches.
Our designers can design a fire feature in your backyard or on your patio. You could enjoy a safe fire right in your backyard at any time of the day or night!
Outdoor Makeover designs fire features in specific locations to provide access to them with minimal effort. For example, we place fireplaces on decks right outside your living space. We can also add one on a patio attached to the main access to the backyard through a basement or deck stairs. On the other hand, some homes require placement of fire features further away in a natural area of the property. Especially if there are lakes, creek, or a really nice site at the end of the property. Our team can install fire features wherever you enjoy them most.
Benefits of Outdoor Fireplaces
- Outdoor fireplaces are more elegant. They attribute much more to the aesthetics of the overall backyard.
- Carefully designed fireplaces maximize the enjoyment of natural wood.
- Provides extra safety to the experience as it contains the flame with three surrounding walls.
- Only heat radiates out and not the smoke. Smoke rises through the chimney and is less likely to get in your eyes and lungs.
- Fireplaces provide a good place for a TV and decorations on the hearth.
- A wood storage compartment can be built into the fireplace.
- Fireplaces can burn gas or wood.
Disadvantages of Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fireplaces are more expensive than a fire pit.
- With three walls around the opening, fireplaces limit how many people can sit around it. Unless it is a double-sided fireplace.
Benefits of Fire Pits
- Outdoor fire pits cost much less than fireplaces ($1500-$3000) depending on the model and type of stone.
- Fire pits seat many people who can sit around 360 degrees.
- They are smaller than – usually around 5 feet in diameter.
- Fire pits can be turned into a table for people to sit around.
- Fire pits can burn gas or wood.
- They provide a natural camping experience without the hassle.
- Great for a big family.
Disadvantages of an Outdoor Fire Pit
- Fire pits take up a minimum of 150 sq ft a patio so the patio must be bigger to accommodate outdoor tables.
- If the fire pit is wood burning, the smoke could potentially bother you and clothes may smell like a campfire.
- Fire pits do not provide the height to a landscape as a fireplace would.
Whether an outdoor fire pit or fireplace is ideal for you, Outdoor Makeover & Living Spaces is your best fire feature resource. We are Atlanta’s outdoor living experts. Contact us today for a design consultation or more information.
LET'S BE SOCIAL: