Fall in Georgia is a beautiful time to get outside and enjoy the weather. As a state where hot weather begins early and seems to linger, many look forward to cooler fall temperatures. Some popular fall activities in Georgia are hot dog roasts, ghost stories, and toasting marshmallows around a campfire.
But who says one has to leave the comforts of home in order to enjoy fall? With a backyard fire pit, it is possible to enjoy these activities not just during the fall, but into the colder months, too!
Recently, many Georgia residents have discovered the thrill of having a fire pit created for their landscape. Not surprisingly, the number of homes with a fire pit is increasing.
Here are just a few reasons people are getting out and enjoying their backyard fire pit:
- Anyone’s yard can be enhanced with natural walkways and gardens. But when you add a custom designed fire pit, you add another level of out ambiance. While you may enjoy having company, sometimes it’s nice to have people hanging out outside, rather than inside of your home.
- A backyard fire pit can be sized according to the space and design of your yard. Whether just a simple fire pit framed with logs or an elaborate one enhances with a stone patio or deck, fire pits can take on a myriad of shapes and be built from a variety of materials.
- When constructed properly, permanent fire pits are completely safe. They are built with walls on all sides to prevent sparks from spreading beyond the pit. For extra precautions, many homeowners opt for wire mesh on top of the pit.
- Patio fire pits can use gas for fuel, rather than logs. This makes them more controlled and safer. Having a gas fire pit is also a great option if you plan to cook over your fire pit.
- As referenced, the fire pit is the perfect outdoor kitchen element. Depending on how large the pit is, items such as barbecue or even the Thanksgiving turkey can be prepared on it.
- Fire pits are a budget friendly way to add to the design of your backyard. Working with a landscape designer such as Outdoor Makeover & Living Spaces means you are can rest assured your yard will be utilized to its full advantage. We carefully design landscapes that incorporate every aspect of your yard.
- Do you love to star gaze? Perhaps you need a quiet retreat after a long day at work. With a fire pit, you can escape – and without the need to leave the comfort of your own home.
- Fire pits can add to the resale value of your home. As their popularity has grown, many potential home buyers look for backyard elements such as fire pits.
Adding a fire pit to your Atlanta landscape this fall will transform your outdoor living experience. From roasting food to providing extra entertaining space, there’s nothing quite like the fun of having a fall fire pit in your backyard! To learn more about custom fire pit designs, contact Outdoor Makeover & Living Spaces. Our landscape designers are here to craft your fall outdoor living space.