If you looked back over your fun for the year, and realized that many home entertainment opportunities were either avoided or had room for improvement due to a landscape that needed work, then now is the time to start thinking about and planning your perfect outdoor space. It might be that you simply need to re-structure things or may be time to start from scratch and create the perfect space for you and your family’s outdoor entertainment needs.
Designing the Perfect Outdoor Space
But, just because you know the current arrangement for your yard isn’t working, it doesn’t mean that you know what type of outdoor space is needed. To help you start planning here are some fun ideas:
- Sit a Spell: There’s nothing like having a quiet spot in the shade where you can sit back and relax with a book or visit with friends after a long day at work. Place some comfortable chairs, perhaps some soft lighting, and a table or stool beneath the trees and make time to just unwind.
- Indoors Out: From kitchens to living rooms, many people are opting move the indoors outside with custom entertainment areas. Make it special by adding an herb garden or fragrant flowers/greenery to add to the atmosphere.
- Add a Splash of Color: From painted furniture and a boardwalk–style path to butterfly-attracting flowers, rock gardens and healthy ornamental trees and shrubs, there is nothing like enhancing the outdoors with more fun and color.
- Privacy is a Must: Your backyard should be an oasis, designed for your comfort. Don’t forget to set up areas where you can block out the world around you. Consider using a retaining wall, natural hedge, a decorative wall, or even something fun like a privacy screen made from old doors.
- Sounds of Nature: Have a small fishpond added to your yard. It not only will benefit the environment but will provide hours of enjoyment as you watch the fish, as well as the frogs, birds and other animals that will want to spend time in your yard.
- Be Creative: Don’t forget elements such as an assortment of lighting styles, a shaded garden swing, pergolas, or even a daybed where you can sit back and read a book, play a game or simply bask in the beauty of nature.
- Enjoy the Warmth: A fire pit is the perfect addition to any yard, but is especially perfect for those times when you want to entertain. Just pull up a few chairs, grab some roasting wires and you are ready for s’mores, hotdogs, and other campfire-like fun. While the warm rays of summer sun have now passed, it doesn’t mean that the time for outdoor pleasure should be forgotten. In fact, now is the time to start thinking about what type of outdoor makeovers will result in the space perfect for entertaining next year. After all, trying to do a yard renovation project when you want to be enjoying your yard is no fun! Now is the time to start planning your space…and the Outdoor Makeover team is happy to help you chose a design and personality. Don’t put off creating that perfect outdoor area, give us a call today!