What is your favorite time of the year? Is it spring when all the flowers are starting to poke their heads through the earth and the trees are beginning to wear their new coats? Perhaps it is summer when the weather is perfect for outdoor entertainment, long sunny days, warm sultry nights and yard parties. Or, maybe it is fall when the trees are filled with yellow, orange and red hues and the temperatures are crisp and cool – just perfect for relaxing around a fire pit. Then, of course, there’s winter with its cold though sunny days and a plethora of holidays to bring family together. Yes, no matter what time of year it is, there’s always time to enjoy the outdoors with a group of friends and family. But to make those opportunities for visiting and enjoying the outdoors even better, you need to have a landscape designed for entertainment and pleasure. So, what should that look like? Here are a few ideas for creating the perfect outdoor entertainment area:
- Outdoor lighting: Lights are a great way to make your yard more interesting. From spotlights or to hidden up lighting in a pond area, to twinkling lights draped in the trees and shrubbery, a string of lanterns along the edge of a patio, torch lights around the edges of an outdoor kitchen or even sconces on the walls of an outdoor bar area – there is no end to how lights can be used outdoors.
- Custom built tables: Who says that traditional picnic tables are your only choice? Design tables that show off your style and compliment your landscape. Consider alternative materials such as stonework, pottery, recycled materials and other products for a piece that is both functional and fun.
- Stay warm – Be it a fire pit only large enough for toasting marshmallows and telling ghost stories, a large double fireplace for grilling or more simple fireplace where sharing a glass of your favorite beverage is the norm, having a contained fire element is a great way to add life to your backyard entertaining.
- Stroll along: If you are a fan of gardening, and have multiple garden areas, why not connect the various space with a meandering garden path lined with delightful pavers, small stones or whimsical edges? When combined with lights, you can create a fun place to escape the stresses of the day.
- Keep it green: Be sure to include plenty of greenery in your backyard – and not just in the form of your grass. Choose an assortment of flowering plants and trees that can be easily maintained yet showcase your home and outdoor features in style. Designing an outdoor landscape perfect for entertaining can be done with a bit of planning and by talking to one of the Outdoor Makeover experts. After all, there is no reason for you to stress over creating the perfect yard. Let us look over your yard and help you decide what elements will be best for your needs. Give us a call today.