Hardscaping is a perfect alternative for adding to your outdoor living space and creating an area where you can enjoy entertaining and relaxing throughout the year. It is a great way to make the most of Georgia’s climate as well as utilize your yard to its full potential. As a landscaping option it offers many benefits, which is why so many homeowners have opted to implement it.
Unfamiliar with the term hardscaping? No problem. It is a landscaping approach that includes any hard landscaping materials – concrete, wood, stone, brick, metal, gravel, mulch, boulders and even pottery -and structures to cover up soil or grass in your yard. And, while especially popular in more urban areas, it is also a great fit for the homes a bit removed from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Why Opt for Hardscaping
There are many reasons the Outdoor Makeover and Construction team gets asked to design a hardscaped lawn, but these are some of the benefits of hardscaping you will want to consider:
- Low Maintenance – One the best aspects of hardscaping is that it is very low maintenance. Typically, once the design is chosen and installed you don’t have to do anything but enjoy it. No need for watering, pruning, snipping or trimming.
- Water Efficient – Georgia summers can be long, hot and often include drought-like conditions. Hardscaping means you don’t need to water plants or worry about grass turning brown.
- Property Value – When you have us design a hardscaped landscape, your property value increases because you are adding more useable yardage to your lawn because a hardscape incorporates ways to make your yard more inviting. In fact, features such as patios, porches, gazebos and other elements of a hardscape are listed by 84% of buyers as a reason to choose one home over another.
- Dimension – Hardscaping incorporates not just buildings, but pathways, outside seating areas, fire elements, fences and other features that make a yard visually appeal and inviting. In addition, these elements often add texture and color tom your yard without the need for gardening or painting.
- Less Erosion – Thanks to introduction of barriers in areas of your yard where erosion is an issue, you will keep more of your ground intact.
- Entertainment – Hardscaping makes your yard more inviting and useful which makes throwing parties even easier as you don’t have to keep everyone indoors. Not one to entertain much. Then hardscape your yard to suit your needs for unwinding and relaxing in nature.
- Direct Traffic – Tired of people walking all over your front lawn? Add an elegant walkway that compliments your home – and keep foot traffic off the yard.
- Extra Living Space – Hardscape features such as an outdoor kitchen, fire pit, pergola or patio means you have plenty of room to simply immerse yourself in the great outdoors.
These 8 benefits are great reasons to give the Outdoor Makeover and Construction team a call – and now is the season to get started. We would love to come assess your landscape and help you determine how to improve your landscape with hardscaping features. Contact our team today
LET'S BE SOCIAL: