If you are planning to sell your home, and want to do all you can to help it sell, then now is the time to think about curb appeal. After all, having a nice yard isn’t enough. You need it your place to stand out from the others in the neighborhood. Consequently, now is the time to take your landscape in a new direction – one designed to boost curb appeal.
If you are planning to sell your home, then keep this in mind: According to the National Association of Realtors, 63% of home buyers will visit a home based on the image they see of that listing online. This means that the yard, sidewalk and driveway play an important role in the buying process and should be designed to encourage a potential buyer. So, what type of curb appeal factors should you consider when putting your house on the market?
How to Add Curb Appeal to Your Yard
– Spruce up your yard with colorful flowers, window boxes and front yard flower beds. Just a few inches of rich mulch, and healthy flowers will brighten up a space. However, when planting close to your home’s exterior, keep the home’s exterior color in mind. For example, a home with blue siding is best showcased with purple, pink, yellow and white flowers while a home with red trim will look great with flowers that are orange, yellow or red. Also, be sure to think about what season your will be on the market, and plant flowers that will be in bloom at that time.
– For classic curb appeal, consider adding a picket fence or low wall. Pair with some roses, vining plants, ornamental trees or shrubbery for a classic landscape.
– If you don’t already have one, choose a simple yet attractive hardscape element such as pavers for your walkway. After all, no one wants to think about cleaning up dirt that has been tracked into the house!
· Water Feature
– From fountains or waterfalls to a peaceful koi pond there are many ways to implement a water element to your landscape. Go a step further and add a decorative bridge over the water area or perhaps some decorative rocks around the pond to make it the perfect backyard retreat.
· The Lawn
– No matter how beautiful your plants, trees or home may be, it is vital that your yard look great. Be sure that your lawn is a healthy though manageable height, so that it will not make a potential home buyer see added yard work in their future. Not sure if your yard is up to par? Then have us look it over to determine what landscape changes would give it the best curb appeal.
· Shape and Structures
– Think about the shape and style of your home as it compares to your property then design a landscape that compliments it. Great ways to add interest are garden swings, fire pits, patios, arbors and pergolas.
– Nobody wants to buy a home where the rain creates unwanted rivets in the yard or worse, the water flows towards the house. We can re-design your yard so that water drainage moves away from the house and minimizes erosion.
By making these upgrades to your yard you can add value and beauty. In fact, you may like the makeover so much, you might not want to move! Talk to one our Outdoor Makeover professionals
to learn how we can design a landscape makeover that works for you.